Re: Why is Debian lagging so much behind Slackware?

At 00:49 15-08-01 -0400, Ben Collins wrote:

>There are no base.tgz's for woody boot floppies. Some simple checks in
>the boot-floppies docs could have told them that. The reason is we don't
>need them anymore. The system is installed completely from network or
>CD, or from a file called basedebs.deb (or something similar). The disks
>do boot. Think about it, why would we upload a set of "boot disks" that
>don't boot?

The guys who made the tests will receive copy of this message. Some have
run Debian for quite a while and have stumbled on the installation of
Woody. I'll be back to you, tomorrow night most probably. We'll try to
figure out what went wrong.

Regards!

Gilles Pelletier

--
La Masse Critique

Le sionisme est aujourd'hui aux juifs ce que le nazisme était aux Allemands
chrétiens.

http://pages.infinit.net/mcrit/sionisme.html