Re: Why is Debian lagging so much behind Slackware?

On Wed, Aug 15, 2001 at 12:13:51AM -0400, Gilles Pelletier wrote:

> Tell me, is this what's preventing the team from offering boot diskettes
> for Woody nearly six months after kernel 2.4 is out?

You are seriously ill informed, or you prefer to spread FUD. Boot disks
have been available for woody for quite some time. Checked...

ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/woody/main/disks-{hppa,i386,ia64,m68k,powerpc,sparc}

...lately? The other architectures are about to have boot disks aswell.
We are freezing base very shortly, and this is the start of a release.
This isn't about releasing in 20 years or even 20 months, this is about
progressing now.

Ben