Re: Why is Debian lagging so much behind Slackware?

At 00:29 15-08-01 -0400, you wrote:
>On Wed, Aug 15, 2001 at 12:13:51AM -0400, Gilles Pelletier wrote:
>>
>> Tell me, is this what's preventing the team from offering boot diskettes
>> for Woody nearly six months after kernel 2.4 is out?
>>

>You are seriously ill informed, or you prefer to spread FUD. Boot disks
>have been available for woody for quite some time. Checked...
>
>ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/woody/main/disks-{hppa,i386,ia64,m68k,pow
erpc,sparc}

>...lately? The other architectures are about to have boot disks aswell.
>We are freezing base very shortly, and this is the start of a release.
>This isn't about releasing in 20 years or even 20 months, this is about
>progressing now.

That's what I said to the nut in our group who's making the tests when he
pretended some basedebs.tgz file was missing. I then made a search on
Google and it seems that's it. The boot diskettes for i386 don't install
the base system.

Regards!

Gilles Pelletier

--
La Masse Critique

Le sionisme est aujourd'hui aux juifs ce que le nazisme était aux Allemands
chrétiens.

http://pages.infinit.net/mcrit/sionisme.html