Re: when procmailrc is wacky, what happens to the mail?

On Tue, Aug 14, 2001 at 10:44:53PM -0400, dman wrote:

> | .forward file goes a little something like this:
> |
> | "|IFS='' && exec /usr/bin/procmail || exit 75 #username"

FWIW, that line comes courtesy of one Timo Salmi, at:
http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/info/proctips.html#start

It works, but is somehow less-than-optimal according to the procmail man page:

       Procmail should be invoked automatically over the .forward
       file mechanism as soon as  mail  arrives.

But perhaps that is best left for another thread.

> Do you have "DEFAULT" set in your .procmailrc?

I do indeed, and The plot thickens:

MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail
DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/INBOX

It must be something funky with my regexes.

-bill