Re: META QUESTION: how to read a bulk list (and stay happy :-)

John Galt wrote:

> .procmailrc recipie:
>
> :0:
> debian-user
>
> About 99.9995% effective.
>
> On Wed, 15 Aug 2001, Gaelle T. Morin wrote:

instead of the Resent-From? I believe that's what that header is
intended for. Of course, not every mailing list has that feature, but
for those that do, you're going to have better luck than with
Resent-From:, To:, CC:, and similar headers.

Personally, I'm stuck with an NT box at work, so I end up using Netscape
for email reading. It's a PITA, but better than anything else I've found
(Eudora bugs me for some reason, The Bat! costs money, and don't even
talk to me about Outlook). I parse all mailing lists (Some of which are
even more active than deb-user!) into seperate folders. Then, I can scan
through the folders quickly, either by date or by thread. Some things
are handy in curses-based environments, but a quick scroll bar in
Windows (or, X, I suppose) works pretty well for scanning mailing lists,
expecially once you get the feel for the list.

--Rich

Rich Puhek
ETN Systems Inc.
2125 1st Ave East