Re: vim and Tera Term

On Wed, Aug 15, 2001 at 10:27:49AM +1000, Sam Varghese wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 14, 2001 at 07:45:17PM -0400, Todd Combs wrote:
> >      I SSH into my Debian box from windows, and I use Tera Term.   My
> > problem is I want to use vim, but it doesn't work quite like it does when I
> > am "local".  Specificly, the up, down, left, and right arrows do funny
> > things in vim via tera term.  I figure I need to change the key mappings in
> > tera term, and I know how to do that, but they seem to be mapped ok
> > already...  help?
>
> use putty - it's the best ssh client for windoze.

Eh, last time I peeked at them I seem to recall putty saving config
into the system's registry, instead of an INI file as tera term does.
Saving registry settings doesn't do too well for public windows
terminals.

Or there's mindterm, a java app to run in $BROWSER. But it has some
terminal emulation bugs of its own, and doesn't do clipboard copy /
paste from what I can determine. Haven't used it lately.. I think
I had some problems with cursor key handling not working as expected.

--
Ferret

I will be switching my email addresses from @ferret.dyndns.org to
@mail.aom.geek on or after September 1, 2001, but not until after
Debian's servers include support. 'geek' is an OpenNIC TLD. See
http://www.opennic.unrated.net for details about adding OpenNIC
support to your computer, or ask your provider to add support to
their name servers.