Re: Debian box unable to HTTP to www.nai.com - FIXED

On Fri, Aug 10, 2001 at 09:07:58PM -0500, Michael Buice wrote:
> I thoroughly enjoyed this ripping tale of intrigue,
> adventure, and romance, but would you mind explaining
> to a debian-newbie exactly who or what the culprit
> was?  I've been having trouble connecting to various
> sites (www.ups.com,www.zdnet.com,www.sun.com to name
> a few) and I have absoluetly no idea why.  I've tried
> with 4 different web browsers, they all begin
> making the http connection and just hang.
> I can ping zdnet and sun but not ups.  I also can't
> ping amazon but I can load it in a web browser.
> I've also tried reconfiguring ppp (w/pppconfig).
> I get the same error when trying to connect to www.nai.com
> as our hero, so I was hoping the culprit to his caper
> could lead to the culprit to mine.

I'll share the secret, but only if you learn to reply _below_ the
message you are responding to (see a post earlier today for clues).

From a root prompt:

  # sysctl -w net.ipv4.tcp_ecn=0

or add the following to /etc/sysctl prior to a reboot:

  net.ipv4.tcp_ecn=0

Cheers,

Micromuse Ltd.                 | than a perfect plan tomorrow.