Re: Resolving Local DNS Numbers

It sounds to me like once you connect to the internet you're looking for
sacrifice.whatever.your.domain.from.your.cable.modem.is.supplied.to.your.dhcpd.is ;>

Take a look at your /etc/hosts file
there should be a line 127.0.0.1 localhost
and then a name for the internal ip address of the machine as sacrifice

I did something similar in which I created a bogus domain lowerplanes
for my internal machines.  Ie my server is richese.lowerplanes etc.
 That way I can have hosts look to my DNS as richese with a line in
resolv.conf like:
search lowerplanes
put this in both server and client /etc/resolv.conf

Pump/dhcp may also clobber your resolv.conf when it loads.  You can turn
off pump with a pump.conf of (change eth0 to your external interface):

device eth0 {
	nodns
}

--mike