Resolving Local DNS Numbers

I have a nicely working DNS server for my little home network. Having read the HOWTO, I was happy to discover that Debian automagically sets things up so they work properly.

DTRT, as ever.

Anyway, I have a small problem which I hope you could help me with. As soon as anything *uses* the DNS server (One of the windows boxen using it, for example) the entire network loses the ability to resolve itself by servername (Which is sacrifice[1]). So the question is, how do I make the DNS server on sacrifice be able to resolve itself as the hostname (DNS works fine)?

[1] Never call a box Sacrifice. It rebels. Expensively)

--
Nick Avenell