autoconf[2.13] package broken?

Hi,

I dist-upgraded my sid installation last weekend, and in came 'autoconf'
and 'autoconf2.13'.

ii  autoconf       2.52-1         automatic configure script builder
ii  autoconf2.13   2.13-35        automatic configure script builder
(obsolete

Problem is this:

jg@cyberstorm:~$ autoconf --version
Autoconf version 2.13

At which various 'configure' scripts are bailing asking for 2.50 or
above. It seems autoconf2.13 installs /usr/bin/autoconf-wrapper that
looks as if it tries to tell which version the configure script is
intended for use with, and points it in the right direction.

Except it doesn't. I'm now unable to build software using autoconf, so
stuff like zapping (my tv tuner) is growing old.

Anyone know why this is happening? Can I assume that mving the
autoconf-2.50 binary to /usr/bin/autoconf will fix this matter? If not,
what will. And what's happening about a full resolution on this problem?

MTIA

James Green