Re: X menus

Do you have the menu package?
If so perhaps running update-menus might give you some feedback to track
down your problems.

--mike

menu - provides update-menus functions for some applications

The intent of this package is to streamline the menu's (like the fvwm2
ones) in debian. For this purpose, menu provides an "update-menus"
command,
that will read all installed menu files (as provided by other packages
in
/usr/lib/menu), and run the frontents for various window-managers in
/etc/menu-methods to create startup files for the window managers (or
pdmenu). The user and system admin can easily override the menu files on
by-user or by-system bases.