X menus

The last few times i've installed debian for some reason the debian menus are not generated. I can only see the gnome menus but not the debian ones. When i start X for the first time it tells me "warning debian menus not created". I don't know why this happens and there are a few programs under the debian menus that i use. I know I can load them from the cosole but then i forget the programs are there if I don't see them on the menus. Can someone help me out with this.