Re: mount permission problems

#! On Fri, Aug 10, 2001, Bob Koss wrote:

>Mounting worked. By repeating the command I assume you meant
>'chown -R sue /mnt/dosE'. If so, that failed as it traversed the
>subdirectories of the partition.

? Its meant to get all the subdirectories.

As root do this:
Make sure the partition /is/ correctly mounted.  Remenber that FAT
doesn't have that many security options so if its correctly mounted,
this should be easy.

cd /mnt
chown sue dosE
chown -R sue /mnt/dosE/*
chmod 777 dosE
chmod 777 dose/*

Now unless dosE is on another machine which is setting permissions that
cannot be overwritten, Sue will be able to read and write to /mnt/dosE.