Re: mount permission problems

    Patrick> Hi, There are a few diagnostic steps you need.  First, if
    Patrick> you login to the Debian box under your wife's ID, can you
    Patrick> access the files?  If yes, its a SAMBA problem.  If not,
    Patrick> we need to look at permissions again.

I logged in under her id and was able to cp a file from the directory
but could not cp a file TO the directory. Hence a write permission
problem. But where?

    Patrick> On the assumption that it is a SAMBA problem, here's a
    Patrick> link that will take you through 10 steps that fix it...

    Patrick> http://it.samba.org/samba/docs/DIAGNOSIS.html --

I believe it's a Linux file permission problem.

The document above is also available in /usr/share/doc/smbfs and I did
all of those steps last night. Passed all ten steps and it said that
if I still hae problems I should ask on the net ;-)

--

Robert Koss, Ph.D.     | Training, Mentoring, Contract Development
Senior Consultant      | Object Oriented Design, C++, Java