Re: triple install -- which bootmanager

On Wed, Aug 08, 2001 at 09:43:24AM +0200, Joerg Johannes wrote:
> I was asked by a friend to install Debian on her system. No problem
> usually, but she wants german windows, japanese windows and linux on it.
> Now, it is no problem to dual-boot, but it is not very easy to dual-boot
> two windows versions (You have to hide one partition in order to use the
> other one, I think). Has anybody done this before? Any hints how I can
> install and boot it?

Just a caution...  I was merrily doing the show/hide partition trick,
in my case with Grub, to allow Win98, Win2K and Linux to coexist.  Worked
great for a while.

I had to repair the Win2K installation using the command line console.
It thoughtfully erased the hidden Win98 partition.

The moral is that this setup works as long as you don't have to use a
low-level Windows tool to deal with the disk.  I'd recommend against
using the show/hide trick.

Good luck,
Steve

--