Re: Problems installing Debian on Compaq Armada M700.

You're welcome.  The "rescue" disk is simply a generic boot kernel to
get your system running.  Is your lilo.conf set to linear?  Are you root
when you try and update the boot sector?  What does the error say when
lilo can't install the boot sector.