Re: Problems installing Debian on Compaq Armada M700.

On Thu, Aug 09, 2001 at 06:01:36PM +0300, David Randelman wrote:
> I seem to be having problems installing Debian on my laptop Compaq
> M700, there seems to be 2 problems: 1) It won't install a boot
> manager on the HD even though I have a dedicated H.D and even tried
> to partition a 10MB drive in the beginning of the disk just in case.

Hum, I've installed Debian on my laptop (same make/model as yours) a
couple of times and never had this problem. Is it LILO that won't
start? Will it even install on it?
I partitioned my disk as follows
hda1	HPFS/NTFS		(hardly used, but there for work reasons)
hda2	Fat32			(To move files between win2k/Linux environment)
hda3	ext2			/boot
hda4	extended
had5	ext2			/
hda6	swap

> 2) I can't access the parallel floppy drive which comes with Compaq-
> It accesses but has problems reading or writing.

Hum, haven't tried the floppy. Such outdated technology. ;)

//Fredde