Re: PCMCIA in 2.4 kernels doesn't work

For one thing you just said you were running 2.4.6.  The
/lib/modules/2.4.7 is most likely not there.

Secondly:
Your kernel is probably not set to accept module symbols from other
compiled modules.  This is actually something that you can solve in two
ways I beleive.  1.  Compile it yourself (safest, and you already did
that).  2.  Turn on the set module symbols for compiled modules and hope
that the precompiled modules have the same (more of a shot in the dark).

--mike