Mouse problem w/ X

I have just changed from a Alps glidepoint PS/2 touchpad
to a Logitech Cordless Trackman trackball.
(The touchpad was occasionally flakey in high humidity.)

The logitech has a two buttons and a clickable wheel.
It is a nice unit.

All the events seem to be properly generated.

My problem is I can't paste into xterms, etc.
I can't find the docs about cut&paste, so likely
it is just my habits being disrupted by the change.

Thanks.

# Pointer section
# **********************************************************************

Section "Pointer"
    #Protocol    "PS/2"
    # for alps pad
    #Protocol    "GlidepointPS/2"

    # for logitech cordless trackman wheel
    #Protocol    "IMPS/2"
    Protocol    "MouseManPlusPS/2"
    Buttons	5
    ZAxisMapping 4 5

    Device      "/dev/psaux"

# When using XQUEUE, comment out the above two lines, and uncomment
# the following line.

#    Protocol	"Xqueue"

# Baudrate and SampleRate are only for some Logitech mice
# or for the AceCad tablets which require 9600 baud

#    BaudRate	9600
#    SampleRate	150

# Emulate3Buttons is an option for 2-button Microsoft mice
# Emulate3Timeout is the timeout in milliseconds (default is 50ms)

#    Emulate3Buttons
#    Emulate3Timeout    50

# ChordMiddle is an option for some 3-button Logitech mice

#    ChordMiddle

EndSection