Re: upgrading to sid

* Helmut Steinwender (shrink101@home.com) [010807 10:35]:
> I am currently running woody and am thinking of upgrading to sid.
> While the main debian sites are a simple matter, I am not sure what to
> do for instance with KDE, which only seems to have a potato source
> list. Is it okay to mix sources for different releases, i.e. get KDE
> components for potato and the rest for sid?

(I wrapped that; in the future please wrap your lines at 72 characters,
or thereabouts.)

Generally, it's a bad idea to mix binary packages from potato and sid.
Like someone already mentioned, KDE is available in sid. If you look
around, I'm sure you'll find everything you could find for potato
in woody/sid as well.

Cheers

--
Vineet                                   http://www.anti-dmca.org
Unauthorized use of this .sig may constitute violation of US law.