Re: Power down

* dude (dude@deletia.com) [010807 10:35]:

> I have noticed that ever since 2.4.5 kernel,
>
> i am using 2.4.8 that my computer no longer shutoff when they are shutdown
> and i have to manually turn off the computers.
>
> What am i forgetting to do?
>
> I have selected the power control features in the kernel
So you compiled your own kernel? I've been compiling my own kernel with
ACPI for as long as I can remember, and I noticed the same thing. This
seems to be because the new acpi subsystem writes info to /proc/acpi
instead of the old /proc/sys/acpi, where acpid is still looking for it.
I don't have a fix, but this might be the problem you're experiencing.
My thinking was that I'll just wait for upstream acpid to roll in the
change.

Cheers

--
Vineet                                   http://www.anti-dmca.org
Unauthorized use of this .sig may constitute violation of US law.