Re: Power down

* Vineet Kumar (debian-user@virtual.doorstop.net) wrote:
> > i am using 2.4.8 that my computer no longer shutoff when they are shutdown
> > and i have to manually turn off the computers.
> > What am i forgetting to do?
> > I have selected the power control features in the kernel
> So you compiled your own kernel? I've been compiling my own kernel with
> ACPI for as long as I can remember, and I noticed the same thing. This
> seems to be because the new acpi subsystem writes info to /proc/acpi
> instead of the old /proc/sys/acpi, where acpid is still looking for it.
> I don't have a fix, but this might be the problem you're experiencing.
> My thinking was that I'll just wait for upstream acpid to roll in the
> change.

hi there, i recently had problems with the same thing, i couldn't get it
to power down for a while in my compiled 2.4.7 kernel, but now i've
fixed it.

First of all i never used the ACPI stuff. Only APM, i enabled almost
everything, and that was my problem, after disabling

	Use real mode APM BIOS call to power off

It started powering off again, maybe this isn't your case but i hope it helps