Re: reinstalling w2k on a dual boot system

On Mon, Aug 06, 2001 at 12:34:07PM -0500, Brad Cramer wrote:
| I had to replace my motherboard and had no trouble with linux (the board has
| a different chipset than the old one just recompiled the kernel and away I
| went) but I need to reinstall w2k which is on a 2nd harddrive and I don't
| want to lose lilo could someone give me some ideas as to what would be the
| easiest way to do this.

Don't install windows.  It doesn't care about others and will
overwrite your MBR regardless.  Or you could remove the disk with LILO
and then install windows.  The most common technique is to have a boot
floppy ready to boot Linux and reinstate the proper boot loader.

-D