Re: dist upgrade potato to woody 2.2 to 2.4 kernel

On Mon, Aug 06, 2001 at 08:47:59AM -0600, mark@foresthaven.com wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 06, 2001 at 10:18:49AM -0400, Stephen Nosal wrote:
> > Folks -
> >
> > I've been having a terrible time attempting to upgrade my perfectly good
> > potato installation to the new woody
> > distribution including the 2.4 kernel. Each time I attempt to install the
> > kernel, I get a statement regarding initrd, and the upgrade fails.

    Add this to your lilo.conf under the new kernel.

    initrd=/boot/initrd-2.4.4-686

    Change the initrd to point to the appropriate file on your system. Rerun
lilo, and reboot.

    2.4 uses a ramdisk to boot. This hit me too.

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@storm.ca>
"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a