Re: ATA 100 module

High,

On Mon, 6 Aug 2001, Dr. Joerg Hettwer wrote:

> Hi everybody
> I tried to install debian potato on my new A7V133.
> My Harddisk is connected to the Promise ATA 100 and should be /dev/hde.
> The drivers that came with the board belong to Red Hat, and "potato"
> doesn't reckognize the Harddisk - instead it is asking for a module for
> the Promise Controller.  Does anybody know where I can find them?
> Thanks Joerg

I do not think that they are only for Redhat. Which kernel does your
Debian install have (probably 2.2.19)? Which kernels are on the driver
disk? If there is a module for 2.2.19, then start the installation, swap
to the second console and activate it, mount your floppy and insmod the
correct module.

Greetz,
Sebastiaan