Re: ATA 100 module

Sebastiaan wrote:

> High,
>
> On Mon, 6 Aug 2001, Dr. Joerg Hettwer wrote:
>
> > Hi everybody
> > I tried to install debian potato on my new A7V133.
> > My Harddisk is connected to the Promise ATA 100 and should be /dev/hde.
> > The drivers that came with the board belong to Red Hat, and "potato"
> > doesn't reckognize the Harddisk - instead it is asking for a module for
> > the Promise Controller.  Does anybody know where I can find them?
> > Thanks Joerg
> >
> I do not think that they are only for Redhat. Which kernel does your
> Debian install have (probably 2.2.19)? Which kernels are on the driver
> disk? If there is a module for 2.2.19, then start the installation, swap
> to the second console and activate it, mount your floppy and insmod the
> correct module.
>
> Greetz,
> Sebastiaan

Hi,
yes it is Kernel 2.2.19pre9. The modules supplied by the Mainboard are
named  rh61-u100.pat
and rh62-u100.pat and i can't see for which kernel they were made. Insmod
doesn't accept these files.
By the way - I installed Suse 7.1 and it worked without any problem. Where
do they hide their drivers
and can I use them with debian?
Thanks Joerg