Re: Long route delay after PPP connection

Ted Harding writes:
> So I looked at 'man pppd' and searched for IPXCP. There's an option
> -ipx-protocol which turns off IPXCP. So I changed the contents of
>  /etc/ppp/options
> from
>  defaultroute
>  defaultroute -ipx-protocol
> and now, lo and behold, no delay! (and all those entries in
> /var/log/messages are not appearing any more).

The /etc/ppp/options distributed in the ppp package contains (among other
useful things):

    # Disable the IPXCP and IPX protocols.
    # To let pppd pass IPX packets comment this out --- you'll probably also
    # want to install ipxripd, and have the Internal IPX Network option enabled
    # in your kernel.  /usr/doc/HOWTO/IPX-HOWTO.gz contains more info.
    noipx

--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)