[OT] Network speed ... again

I was wondering what real-world speeds are of a 100base-t network really
are.

I've got (3) machines here at home, connected to one another via a
Linksys router/switch. It uses the switch for the LAN side and it's
rated at 100mb/s (or is it mB/s ??). All network cards are also rated
for 100mb/s. The lights on the switch indicate that they're connecting
at that speed also.

Now, between my machine and my "file server", I just got done
transfering files and saw the speed stabilize at around 15mb/s. I've
read that on a 10base-T network, getting 5mb/s is "good", so I assume
50mb/s is good on my network. Of course, I'm nowhere near that.

Is there anything I can configure differently ?? I'm using NFS to share
disk space. My machine has an AMD 450mhz processor and 128mb RAM. The
filesystem is EXT3 and the kernel is 2.4.7. On the "server", it's got a
Pentium 233MMX and 64mb RAM. It's filesystem is ReiserFS. It's running
Mandrake 8 (unsure of kernel -- it's 2.4.x).

Thanks in advance
Hall