Re: Root on RAID - stock

hi ya george

the kernel... is raid0 and raid1 compatible...
with no modifications/patches needed ...
	( just need to make sure raid in turned on in the kernel option

-- for raid5...you need some patches...depending on which kernel version

-- you cannot boot....bceause you only have /boot on raid1 from a prior
   email... and the kernel in /boot cannot find anything else ( root fs )

-- haven't seen that lilo config... seems like it shoudl work... but
   than again... i'd take out ( xxxx> ) all your disk info

c ya
alvin

On Thu, 2 Aug 2001, George Karaolides wrote:

> Could my problem be with lilo?  I am running 21.5-1 beta (the stock
> lilo that comes with "potato").  Does anyone know whether this is
> RAID1-capable or not?

> > > /dev/md0 contains the /boot filesystem.
> > > /dev/md2 contains the / (root) filesystem.
> > >
> > > # Begin lilo.conf

xxxx> disk=/dev/md2
xxxx> bios=0x80
xxxx> cylinders=8761