Re: Root on RAID

hi ya george

for raid1....
	typically /dev/hda is copied to /dev/hdb

	- dont know why you'd wanna mirror a partition...
	( system will still be dead since the rest of the required
	( partition is not available

for raid5...
	/	/deb/md0 sda1 sdb1 sdc1 sdd1 sde1
	/tmp	/dev/md1 sda2 sdb2 sdc2 sdd2 sde2
	/var	/dev/md2 sda3 sdb3 sdc3 sdd3 sde3
	/usr	/dev/md3 sda5 sdb5 sdc5 sdd5 sde5
	/home	/dev/md4 sda6 sdb6 sdc6 sdd6 sde6
	swap	/dev/md5 sda7 sdb7 sdc7 sdd7 sde7

and now oyu can unplug any disk... and the system will still function
properly in degraded mode... replace that bad disk and it wil resync
itself....and you're back in buiness

have fun raiding
alvin
http://www.Linux-Consulting.com/Raid