Re: Root on RAID

hi ya george

to do "root raid".. you need to use the "raid" partition type
and NOT ext2 ....

you might want root raid5...so that if one disk dies...that you can
still boot off of the remaining disks

you might want to just do root raid1...so that if one disk dies...
you can still boot off the "mirror"
	- lot easier to install/configure than root raid5

c ya
alvin
http://www.Linux-Consulting.com/Raid
-