Re: X won't allow display export...

Go to the machine you're trying to push X to (the one where you did xhost +)
and cd to /etc/X11/xinit and vi "xserverrc" I believe.  Make sure the
option "-nolisten tcp" has been removed.  If not, remove those 2 words
and restart X.  I wish it could be done without restarting X but I
don't know how.

Security feature.

Thus spake Aaron Traas (adt6247@njit.edu):