Re: PCMCIA Ethernet card in 2.4.6 kernel

Aaron,

Here's how I FINALLY got mine going....

Grab a 2.4.* kernel from ftp.kernel.org as well as the newest pcmcia-cs
package from sourceforge.net. Then compile your 2.4.* kernel with whatever
options you require, however, eliminate ALL pcmcia options from the kernel.
If I remember correctly if your disable pcmcia in the 'General Options', you
will not be prompted for any other pcmcia's.

So with that done boot your new kernel and make the pcmcia-cs package (follow
the README), and you should be good. : )

I tried on many occasions to enable pcmcia in the 2.4 series kernel to no
avail, however there are know issues with my card, try it this way, hope this
helps.

Ken Mead