Re: LILO problems

Kent West wrote:

Sam Varghese wrote:

On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 05:03:59PM -0400, JakeCatfox@aol.com wrote:

I'm trying to configure LILO to allow me to boot from my FAT partition (Windows 98) and my Linux partition, but for some reason the only thing it'll boot from is Linux. If I try to run a boot loader from DOS to configure it, the only partition it'll find is the Windows one.

Debian on /dev/hda2 and /dev/hda3; Win98 on dev/hda1

/etc/lilo.conf reads:

prompt
boot=/dev/hda
compact
install=/boot/boot.b
delay=50
map=/boot/map
vga=normal
image=/vmlinuz
label=l
read-only
root=/dev/hda3
other=/dev/hda1
label=w
table=/dev/hda

Sam

<snip>

Something else I thought of; did you create the Win98 partition with the DOS/Windows version of fdisk, and the Linux partitions with a Linux tool (cfdisk, fdisk, etc)? If you didn't use native tools for each partition type, that may be the source of your problems.

Kent