Re: How long from release to unstable?

Jeremy Whetzel wrote:

> I'm just wondering how long it generally takes
> something like the next version of X to make it's way
> into the unstable branch of Debian?  I'm looking
> forward to 4.1.0 because I need it for the support it
> has for my video card, but it has yet to make it to
> the unstable branch, and I know it's been several
> weeks since it first came out.  (I do understand that
> it needs to be made into .debs first, and that can
> take time.  I'm not a developer, tho, so I'm not
> familiar with the timetable on these things)

I've read something related to 4.1.0 release about "issue with missing PIC
symbols in unshared objects on some architectures" (quoting Branden himself) and
waiting to some workaround upstream.

You could find unofficial 4.1.0 package on Branden X Strike Force repository
(http://www.debian.org/~branden/)...

Andrea