How long from release to unstable?

I'm just wondering how long it generally takes
something like the next version of X to make it's way
into the unstable branch of Debian?  I'm looking
forward to 4.1.0 because I need it for the support it
has for my video card, but it has yet to make it to
the unstable branch, and I know it's been several
weeks since it first came out.  (I do understand that
it needs to be made into .debs first, and that can
take time.  I'm not a developer, tho, so I'm not
familiar with the timetable on these things)

Thanks for any info,
Jeremy