Warning to non-i386 unstable users (sysvinit)

If you're running any architecture except i386 and have upgraded
sysvinit recently (to 2.80-2 or possibly 2.80-1), beware that execute
permissions were inadvertently removed from /etc/init.d/rc and
/etc/init.d/rcS. I'm not sure exactly what will happen, but at the very
least it's probably bad karma to reboot before you've fixed that on your
system. As I said, i386 is not affected.

See http://bugs.debian.org/107018 for more information.