Re: ext2 -> reiserfs

> * Eduard Bloch (edi@gmx.de) [010729 10:35]:

>> does anyone know an easy way of converting a ext2 partition to
>> resierfs and is it worth it ?

Someone asked today about how fsck automatically runs and how to avoid
it with ext3 partitions. The website with the ext3 patch says this:

======

A feature of e2fsck is that it will regularly force a check of a
filesystem even if the filesystem is marked clean. Typically, this
happens on every twentieth mount or every 180 days, whichever comes
first. This still happens with ext3, and is quite possibly not what
you want to happen - one of the reasons you chose ext3 was to avoid
the downtime which is caused by a long fsck. So it is a good idea to
turn this feature off for ext3.

Use the command

tune2fs -i 0 -c 0 /dev/hdxx

To disable the checking.

=====

I've just patched my 2.4.7 kernel to enable ext3 filesystems. We'll see
how it goes...

Hall