Re: partition table woes

More info, if anyone is interested -- my swap isn't quite working.  I
get Unable to find swap-space signature errors.  It is possible that I
overwrote that block, or that the partitions are slightly off.  [After
some more experimenting] I noticed that gpart reported 2 sectors
unallocated between the first partition and the second.  When I
adjusted the sector specification using fdisk, swap is just fine.
gpart still reports the wrong size -- it says 243MB but cfdisk says it
is 256MB +/- a hair.  'free -m' also reports the swap as 243MB.
Weird.

My partitions are actually a bit larger that gpart reported (based on
sector number) and everything seems to be working fine now.  Too bad
cfdisk doesn't allow specifying the sector number to use -- just the
size in MB.  Other than that it has excellent reporting abilities.

-D