Re: pdf editor

On Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 06:33:31PM -0600, John Galt wrote:

> Is it REALLY that easy to print from Linux now?  Is there even a printing
> application in the base distribution?

Troll?

> So yes, I am suggesting that perhaps it's time to take a good hard look at
> how dependent printing is on products designed by a company that also has
> designs on the very freedom of the users . . .

Not?  Debian uses GhostScript, a reverse-engineered clone of PostScript that
involves zero payment to Adobe.  You have to know that, because Debian
doesn't include any non-free software in its base.

> Since postscript, .pdf, and ebooks all make money for Adobe (postscript
> and .pdf mostly in residuals), it's time to stop using them. Sic semper
> tyrannis.

The GhostScript and PDF support in Debian earn Adobe exactly nothing
whatsoever.
--
Carl Fink		carlf@dm.net
Manager, Dueling Modems Computer Forum