Re: AGP cards...anything weird?

Jeff,

> SuperProbe, and it gives me something like a Yamaha 6388 VPDC chipset and
> a RAMDAC of a generic 8-bit pseudo-color DAC.  Needless to say, I can't
> find support for this setup on xf86config.

It might help to know which version of X you are running (potato,
3.3; woody / sid, 4.0.3), and the results of '/sbin/lspci' (or what's
in /proc/pci).

You might also consult the "driver status" document at www.xfree86.org
to see if your card is supported.  This document contains information
about both X versions (3 / 4).

Chris
--
Christopher S. Swingley         930 Koyukuk Drive
System / Network Manager        University of Alaska Fairbanks

phone: 907-474-2689             fax: 907-474-2643
email: cswingle@iarc.uaf.edu    GNUPG and PGP2 keys at my web site
  web: http://www.frontier.iarc.uaf.edu/~cswingle