RE: Debian Issues!!

Hello,

I'm involved in the same process as you at the moment.  Maybe my experience
with this will help you, maybe not.

I've just successfully created the .iso image. and it did seem strange at
first, but I finally got everything to work.  It may be that your connection
is wacky and that might be causing your frustrations.  I'm not terribly
proficient with bashes or shells of any sort.  I'm a Mac refuge living in
the Windows world and an artist to boot!

The first step was getting the addresses to the two servers.  The first was
the package server, the second was the Image server.

I found it useful to track down the exact location of the files i wanted in
the web browser before entering them into the dos shell.  I used,

ftp.us.debian.org/debian/  for the package server and I tell you!  What a
connection!  I downloaded the entire dist in just over 3 hours.  I was of
course doing this at work with a lovely t1.

for the image server I had to find a rather nasty long address like;
rsync.kernel.org::pub/mirrors/debian-cd/2.2_rev3/i386/binary-i396-1.iso .

After getting these two straight I didn't seem to have any problems.

I bet your connection might be a problem.  If you get stuck on Getting.  You
might want to try using a different mirror to download from.  I don't know
how helpfull this is, but I hope it helps.  Maybe someone who know a scrap
about this crazy linux stuff will have more info.

~Israel~