Re: Newbie Question

	Subject: Re: Newbie Question
	Date: Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 08:09:17AM -0400

Quoting Wayne Topa(wtopa@dmcom.net):

> 	Subject: Re: Newbie Question
> 	Date: Thu, Jul 26, 2001 at 07:35:10PM -0700

> Quoting Vineet Kumar(debian-user@virtual.doorstop.net):
> > * Wayne Topa (wtopa@dmcom.net) [010724 23:11]:

> > >                                              ^^^^^^
>  woops, I did say Testing.. My bad I do know the diff :-(
> > > Dude
> > >
> > >   2nd time you recommended debfoster.  You must be using 'testing' as
> > >   I can't find it on my slink, potato or woody boxes.  He did say he
> > >   was running woody.
> >
> > erm, woody == testing
> >
> > also, debfoster is in testing (and unstable).
> >

>ybe that is why I haven't found a site That is the 2nd package that I checked for that 'wasn't' on testing
> when I posted.  I had just done an update that AM too.  The other was
> the x86info. I checked for that and also thought it was in 'sid'.
> Others are reporting it is in 'testing'.  As of my update this morning
> it still isn't?
>
> I must be using the wrong sites!
> ftp1.us.debian
> http.us.debian.org
> non-us.debian.org
>
> They were very flaky last night so I tried to find the Mirror list at
> Debian.org.  That wasn't much better so I quit trying at midnight.
> I'll look for better ones today.

Update.  After 4 hours of checking mirror sites I still do not have
any reference to the x86info package.  I do, noe, have the debfoster
package tho. :-)

But I learned a lot in the process.  Don't relay on the mirror lists.
The listed paths for the packages for the non-US branch are, in most
cases I tried, incorrect.  Maybe thats why the x86info package is
still missing, for me anyway.

--
I hit the CTRL key but I'm still not in control!