Re: Newbie Question

	Subject: Re: Newbie Question
	Date: Thu, Jul 26, 2001 at 07:35:10PM -0700

Quoting Vineet Kumar(debian-user@virtual.doorstop.net):
> * Wayne Topa (wtopa@dmcom.net) [010724 23:11]:

> >                                              ^^^^^^
 woops, I did say Testing.. My bad I do know the diff :-(
> > Dude
> >
> >   2nd time you recommended debfoster.  You must be using 'testing' as
> >   I can't find it on my slink, potato or woody boxes.  He did say he
> >   was running woody.
>
> erm, woody == testing
>
> also, debfoster is in testing (and unstable).

That is the 2nd package that I checked for that 'wasn't' on testing
when I posted.  I had just done an update that AM too.  The other was
the x86info. I checked for that and also thought it was in 'sid'.
Others are reporting it is in 'testing'.  As of my update this morning
it still isn't?

I must be using the wrong sites!
ftp1.us.debian
http.us.debian.org
non-us.debian.org

They were very flaky last night so I tried to find the Mirror list at
Debian.org.  That wasn't much better so I quit trying at midnight.
I'll look for better ones today.
> http://packages.debian.org/testing/admin/debfoster.html
>
> for more info.
>
> Vineet
Thanks for the heads up!

Wayne

--
In a five year period we can get one superb programming language.  Only
we can't control when the five year period will begin.