Re: USB and Printer problems

Roland Hinkley <roland@painswick.idps.co.uk> writes:

> I have an Epson USB printer attached which I would like to use.
>
> I have read the documents I can find on USB in general and USB printers
> in particular.
>
> Kernel (2.2.19pre17) is compiled with USB and USB printer support as
> modules. I have created /dev/USB/lp0.
>
> In /proc/bus/usb/devices I can find both the USB hub and the printer.
>
> Using lpinfo (from cups) the USB printer is not found I so do not seem
> to be able to go further.

Try loading the following modules from the command line as root :

modprobe uhci
modprobe printer

and then retry accessing your printer. If it is OK, you can then
add the two modules to your /etc/modules file to have them
automatically loaded at startup. Of course drop the "modprobe"
when inserting the lines to your file...

It was successful for me :-)

Hope this helps,

Dominique