CUPS with Samba question

I am running CUPS 1.1.9 with Samba 2.0.7-34 (from stable).

CUPS runs fine with an HP5MP printer. I can lp <file> and it prints.

Samba is running fine. I can go to a Windows2000 box and share
directories, etc.

Samba and CUPS together are not working.

I have the following in my smb.conf file:

printing = cups
printcap name = /etc/printcap

I also have a section:

[printers]
  path = /usr/tmp
  guest ok = yes
  printable = yes
  min print space = 2000

the /etc/printcap file has one entry

hplj5mp:

The printer shows up when I browse from Windows2000 and when I install a
print driver, Windows talks about the "NULL" printer from the server.
That is a bit strange - why would this be a NULL printer?

Anyway - I go ahead and install the print driver and when I try to print
a test page Windows2000 reports "Testpage failed to print. ... Unable to
create print job."

The CUPS web site talks about some versions of Samba being corrupted and
an entry other than printing = cups should be used.

Any suggestions?

Should I move to 2.2.1a release of Samba? (I would prefer not going
through the compile process, but rather stick with a clean "stable"
install of Debain)?

Thanks -- Randy