Re: Browser Problem

On Thu, Jul 26, 2001 at 09:26:06AM -0500, Leonard Leblanc wrote:
> I am trying to find a browser that interprets html very close to the same way
> as Internet Explorer.  The reason I am trying to find this is I am a web
> developer and absolutely love using linux except I find it hard to know what
> the page is going to look like under windows since most people who are going
> to be going to the site(s) are going to be running windows.

Hi Leonard,

I've found that Mozilla (and browsers that incorporate its rendering
engine, like Galeon and Netscape 6) renders similarly to recent versions
of IE, but if you want to be sure your page will render consistently
across browsers, there are only really two things you can do: write
extremely simple HTML (ie, no tables, no stylesheets, no frames, pretty
much no nothin'), or test your pages in the browsers you'd like to cater
for. There is unfortunately no adequate substitute for the real thing
:).

--

Andrew Sione Taumoefolau
tonga@pipeline.com.au