Re: Getting CPU model and speed without rebooting

	Hi,

	How about trying the 'x86info' program. You should be able to get it
apt-get. Then run the command 'x86info -mhz'. Here's what I get from
running the command...

longshot@c243491-a:~$ x86info -mhz
x86info v1.3.  Dave Jones 2001
Feedback to <davej@suse.de>.

Found 1 CPU
Intel-specific functions
Family: 6 Model: 8 Type 0 [Celeron / Pentium III (Coppermine) Original OEM]
Stepping: 3
Reserved: 0

802MHz processor (estimate).

Running 'x86info -a' is even more informative. Sorry if this reply was a
little late for your report. But I just woke up a little bit ago.

	HTH,

	Jim Richards

The perfect computer has been developed. You just feed in your problems
they never come out again.   --Al Goodman