Re: TeX fonts

On Tue, Jul 24, 2001 at 06:17:16PM -0500, Richard Cobbe wrote:
> There are a number of postscript fonts provided with dvips that you can use
> in TeX.  As you have discovered, though, finding them is the trick.
> Check out psfonts.map, from the tetex-base package.  In potato, at least,
> there are two copies: one in /usr/share/texmf/dvips/base/psfonts.map, and
> the other in /etc/texmf/dvips/psfonts.map.  They appear to be identical.

With the information in psfonts.map, I've managed to get access to some
additional fonts.  They're coming out better than the default fonts, but
still visibly imperfect - I'm sure that setting the mode correctly for
the printer I'm using will take care of that.

> (I found this documented, if sparingly, in the LaTeX Companion, by
> Goossens, Mittelbach, and Samarin; ISBN 0-201-54199-8, section 11.9.1.)

That seems to be _the_ book to get from the comments here.  I'll be
checking the local geek bookstore for a copy tomorrow.

Now to work out the arcane details of tables...

Thanks for the help, everyone!

--
With the arrest of Dimitry Sklyarov it has become apparent that it is not
safe for non US software engineers to visit the United States. - Alan Cox