Re: TeX fonts

On Tue, Jul 24, 2001 at 08:46:54PM -0500, Dave Sherohman wrote:
> dvips sends its output directly to the printer by default and I haven't
> gotten around to determining how to change that yet, so I've been viewing
> it as rendered by an HP LaserJet (IIRC) 5000.

From the dvips manpage:

     -o name
          The output will be sent to file name If no file name is
          given,  the default name is file.ps where the .dvi file
          was called file.dvi; if this option  isn't  given,  any
          default  in  the  configuration  file  is used.  If the
          first character of the supplied output file name is  an
          exclamation mark, then the remainder will be used as an
          argument to popen; thus, specifying !lpr as the  output
          file  will  automatically  queue the file for printing.
          This option also disables the automatic reading of  the
          PRINTER   environment   variable,  and  turns  off  the
          automatic sending of control D if it was turned on with
          the  -F  option  or  in  the configuration file; use -F
          after this option if you want both.

   // Kalle Hasselström